Griezmann rates chance of Man Utd move 6/10

Atletico Madrid hitman Antoine Griezmann said on French TV that there is a "six" out of 10 chance he will join Manchester United this summer.

He later rated his odds of staying at Atletico Madrid slightly higher.

Reports continue to swirl that United have offered £85 million for the services of the 26-year old,  while the Frenchman’s agent has said Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona have also expressed interest.

Just last week Greizmann said that he was happy at Atletico, but speaking on French television show Quotidien on Monday night, he said that a move could happen "within two weeks."

When asked what he would reply if the presenter said "Manchester United," the France striker said only: "Possible."

When asked to rate the possibility of a move from one to 10, Griezmann replied: "Six."

However, shortly afterwards Griezmann rated his chances of staying with Atleti as a "seven."

The former Real Sociedad player has a contract with Atleti that runs to 2021.

The speculation comes after Atletico boss Diego Simeone announced after the club’s final game of the season that "everyone is going to stay."

"It'll depend on Atletico, whether they can sign players, because perhaps they'll have a ban," Griezmann said.

The reported arrival of fellow French forward Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon was not a deciding factor in a move, he added.

"I don't think the fact a player comes is going to make me stay or leave."

Pescara win battle of the bottom-two

Relegated Pescara picked up just their third win of the Serie A season as they beat fellow strugglers Palermo 2-0 at Stadio Adriatico on Monday.

The rock-bottom club came into the match winless in their last 11 league outings, having lost the previous five, while Diego Bortoluzzi's side were unbeaten in three games - too late to save them from the drop.

The hosts broke the deadlock early on and managed to hold out until the death when a second goal sealed a first win since February for the Serie B-bound Delfini.

Both teams had chances in the opening stages but it was Zdenek Zeman's men who broke the deadlock when Gianluca Caprari did well on the left to create space for a cross that Robert Muric steered past Andrea Fulignati from just ouside the six-yard box.

The visitors looked to respond as Ilija Nestorovski tested Vincenzo Fiorillo three minutes later with a shot from inside the area on the left, while at the other end Fulignati was called into action to deny Gaston Brugman from distance midway through the first half.

Pescara survived a late scare just before the interval when Ivaylo Chochev headed wide a delivery from Alessandro Diamanti, as they took a one-goal lead into the break.

Chochev again squandered an opportunity to restore parity as he failed to test Fiorillo with a header from close range on 61 minutes, although the keeper was required to make a save seven minutes later from Diamanti 's long-range effort.

Palermo were made to pay in the final stages when Alexandru Mitrita connected with a fantastic through-ball from Brugman on the left to slot past Fulignati from a few yards out.

Leno reveals lofty dream

Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno has set his sights on becoming one of Europe's best - and believes Real Madrid can help him achieve that dream.

The Germany international has seen his stock rise since joining Leverkusen from Stuttgart in 2011, his performances earning him international recognition four years later.

Leno was previously linked with a move to the Spanish capital after catching the eye during his team's Champions League campaign, and he's keen to emulate compatriot Marc-Andre ter Stegen by making a name for himself in La Liga.

The 25-year-old has revealed a desire to play abroad after spending eight seasons in his homeland, with the Santiago Bernabeu his dream destination.

"It is now my goal to become one of the best goalkeepers around in Europe," he told T-Online.

"We are regularly playing European football with Leverkusen, but it remains my dream to one day play for a major club abroad. And Real Madrid are the team I have supported since my childhood."

Herrera not ready for United captaincy

While Ander Herrera appreciates that Manchester United fans hold him in high regard, the midfielder doesn't believe he deserves the captaincy yet.

The Spain international has become a key player for Jose Mourinho's side after being asked to play in an unfamiliar holding role this season to accommodate world-record signing Paul Pogba.

Herrera's sterling performances in 2016/17 earned him the Player of the Year award at Old Trafford, breaking the hat-trick of accolades won by compatriot David De Gea before him.

With current Red Devils skipper Wayne Rooney facing an uncertain future, many of the club's supporters would like to see the Bilbao native succeed him - an honour Herrera is not ready for at this stage.

"I am very thankful when I hear that from the fans, but [as] we say in Spain, they are massive words," the 27-year-old told ESPN.

"The captains of this club are legends. The current one is Wayne Rooney but also Michael Carrick, Ryan Giggs, Nemanja Vidic. It is a list of amazing players and legends of the club.

"I prefer to keep calm and to keep my mind calm because I feel that I still have to do more for the club. I still have to win things for the club to deserve that. So I will keep calm.

"We also have some experienced players on the team, who have been here longer, like Chris Smalling, David De Gea, also Juan [Mata] came before me. So I am thankful to the fans for thinking that about me but I don't want to think about it yet."

Cuadrado pens permanent Juve deal

Juan Cuadrado has officially brought his Chelsea career to an end after Juventus announced they had signed the winger on a permanent basis.

The Colombia international initially joined Juve on a season-long loan deal in 2015 before they extended his stay the following year with an option to buy.

And after helping the Bianconeri to their fifth and sixth straight Serie A titles over the past two campaigns, Cuadrado has been rewarded with a long-term contract at the Juventus Stadium until 2020.

The 28-year-old failed to make an impression on then-Blues boss Jose Mourinho after his arrival from Fiorentina during the 2014 January transfer window.

Cuadrado made 12 Premier League appearances in the second-half of their title-winning season, but returned to Italy six months later with Massimiliano Allegri's side.

The Turin giants confirmed the transfer on Monday in a statement which read: "Juventus announce that, after pre-contract terms were met, they have taken up the option to sign Juan Guillermo Cuadrado Bello from Chelsea. 

"The fee in line with the agreement is €20 million payable in three installments from the coming 2017-18 season. Juventus and the player have in turn signed a contract until June 2020."

Cuadrado won his second domestic double with Juve at the weekend, having scored eight goals in 83 appearances during his loan spell.

Clichy: I won't be at City next season

Manchester City left-back Gael Clichy has revealed that he will leave the club when his contract expires next month.

Clichy is of seven players within the City squad reaching the end of their current deals, fellow defender Pablo Zabaleta having already announced his departure last week.

The former France international made just 16 Premier League appearances for Pep Guardiola's side as they secured automatic qualification for the Champions League after finishing third in the table.

And Clichy told City fans in a Q&A session at an exclusive screening of 93:20, a documentary about Sergio Aguero's league-winning goal in 2012, that his six-year stay at the Etihad Stadium will soon be coming to an end.

Asked if he expected to play alongside Joe Hart in the new campaign, the 31-year-old told supporters: "It's hard.

"I'm not sure whether or not Joe will be here next season, and I won't be here next season."

Clichy won two league titles and two League Cup winners' medals during his time at Eastlands, racking up 192 appearances in total.

Moyes quits relegated Black Cats

Championship-bound Sunderland will begin the hunt for a new manager after announcing on Monday that David Moyes has resigned from the post.

The news comes 24 hours after the Black Cats limped out of the Premier League with a 5-1 thrashing at the hands of newly-crowned champions Chelsea on the final day of the season.

Moyes arrived on Wearside in July 2016 to replace Sam Allardyce, who had been appointed England's new manager. It was the Scot's first job on English soil since being sacked by Manchester United in April 2014.

But it was not the return Moyes had envisioned, with his side spending just two weeks outside the bottom-three at the start of the campaign as they battled against relegation for the next nine months, losing 26 of their 38 league games.

The 54-year-old had initially expressed a desire to remain at the helm, but club owner Ellis Short broke the news after their meeting in London on Monday.

A statement from Short on the club's official website read: "I pursued the services of David Moyes for a considerable period prior to his appointment last summer, which makes the announcement of his departure difficult for everyone concerned.

"Having worked tirelessly throughout the campaign to avoid relegation from the Premier League, David has chosen to leave the club without compensation, which is testament to his character.

"In the days ahead we will take some time for reflection, and then focus on recruitment and pre-season as we prepare for our Championship campaign. We wish David well in the future."

Moyes added: "I would like to thank Ellis Short and the board for giving me the opportunity to manage Sunderland and the fans for always being so passionately supportive of their club.

"I wish the players and my successor well in their efforts towards promotion back to the Premier League."

Honda heading for San Siro exit

Out-of-favour AC Milan winger Keisuke Honda has announced he will be leaving the Serie A club at the end of the season.

The Japan international had originally been a first-team regular for the Rossoneri since his arrival from CSKA Moscow in January 2014.

But Honda saw his opportunities dwindle with the appointment of Vincenzo Montella as Milan's new head coach ahead of the current campaign.

The 30-year-old hardly featured for the Italian giants, although he opened his account for the season in their 3-0 win over Bologna on Sunday - only his seventh league appearance.

Honda has now confirmed that he will depart the San Siro after this weekend's final round of matches, Montella's side making the trip to Cagliari.

"My dearest Milan supporters, thank you," he said on Twitter. "It has been a challenging three and a half years but because of that I have been able to grow as a person.

"I will be leaving Milan after this season, but I look forward to seeing you again soon. I may not be a player then, who knows in what way we will meet.

"In the meantime, I will continue to work hard every day to achieve my goals. Forza Milan!"

FKF to ban Muhuroni Stadium from use

Football Kenya Federation have reportedly put measures forward to ban any further matches at Muhoroni Youth's Muhoroni Stadium due to recent crowd trouble.

Last Saturday Standard Media reported that Nzoia Sugar fans were injured during a Kenyan Premier League clash at the venue, prompting the FKF to put measures in place.

FKF CEO Robert Muthomi stated the facility should not host any federation-sanctioned matches.

Muthomi, in a letter copied to his counterpart at KPL Jack Oguda, asked the club to get a new venue for their future matches until further notice.

Muthomi told the publication: "The federation has moved to ban Muhoroni Stadium with immediate effect from hosting any FKF sanctioned matches until such a time that it is satisfied the Stadium is safe for fans, players and match officials."

Anderlecht star Tielemans set for Monaco

Anderlecht sporting director Herman van Holsbeek has confirmed that talented young midfielder Youri Tielemans is set to join Monaco.

The 20-year-old was previously linked with a move to Serie A side Inter Milan, but the newly-crowned Ligue 1 champions have beaten them to the punch.

Tielemans scored 18 goals and made 15 assists across all competitions this season as he helped Anderlecht to the Jupiler Pro League title.

"Youri will leave Anderlecht, we'll make an announcement this week," Van Holsbeek told reporters. "There are still some details to iron out, but everything should be done this week.

"His move to Monaco isn't 100 percent finalised, but they're definitely the club that have showed the most desire to sign him."