Adler joins Mainz as free agent

Rene Adler has signed a two-year contract with Mainz, joining as a free agent after leaving fellow Bundesliga side Hamburg.

The 32-year-old also previously played for Bayer Leverkusen and earned 12 caps for the Germany national team.

"The change to Mainz is for me the right step at the right time, the quiet and concentrated atmosphere in the club fits me," Adler told his new club’s official website.

"I have the feeling that something exciting can arise here. I am glad that we could reach agreement so quickly and am already looking forward to a new chapter in my career. "

Mainz sporting director Rouven Schroeder called Adler "one of the most influential players in the Bundesliga and one of the most powerful goalkeepers in Germany for many years, both of which make him a very exciting player for Mainz".

"We quickly found a very good relationship with each other," Schroeder added. "He is a highly-motivated professional and we are very pleased that he is wearing our jersey."

Tudor: Bruma 'more arrogant' than Zlatan

New RB Leipzig winger Bruma has been described as a temperamental character by his former boss at Galatasaray, Igor Tudor.

The former Sporting Lisbon man is known for his supreme talents on the football field and eccentric behavior off of it.

Die Bullen completed a €12.5m transfer for the 22-year-old earlier this month after his explosive displays for the Turkish giants; where he scored 11 goals and registered eight assists in 37 games last season.

However, Tudor admits he was allowed to join the Bundesliga side for the sake of improving the harmony and morale of his squad and even claimed his behavior was worse than Zlatan Ibrahimovic - whom he played with during his time at Juventus.

"I like Bruma a lot, he is still young, but already a top player," he told Bild. "But the fact is that there are 20 more players in a squad. They all listen to you, except Bruma.

"I played with Ibrahimovic at some point and have experienced a lot throughout my career," he added.

"I have never seen someone behave like Bruma. It might be the way he was raised. He crossed a line."

Forsberg's agent calls Leipzig CEO 'arrogant'

Emil Forsberg's agent has hit back at RB Leipzig CEO Oliver Mintzlaff, calling him 'arrogant' for the way he responded to the player's wish to move.

Forsberg's representative, Hasan Cetinkaya, has revealed that his 25-year-old client is looking to take his career to the next level, presumably at a bigger club.

The Swede was one of Leipzig's top players last term, setting up 22 goals and scoring eight as they finished second in the Bundesliga to secure Champions League football.

Mintzlaff responded strongly to rumours that Forsberg may move to the likes of Liverpool or Arsenal, reminding the player and his agent that he has a contract until 2022.

"I've never experienced an arrogant attitude like this," Cetinkaya told Bild in response to Mintzlaff.
 
"I know how long Emil is under contract at Leipzig. And I also know what he owes to the club. But it's a fact: Emil wants to make the next step in his career."

Bobic irritated by injured Meier

Eintracht Frankfurt sporting director Fredi Bobic is reportedly unhappy with forward Alex Meier after he picked up an injury and reported it late to the club.

The veteran was on holiday in Florida and is said to have sustained an ankle injury while jogging, and required surgery. However, Bobic is not concerned about the injury itself, but more so that the player only informed Frankfurt on the day of his operation.

According to Kicker: "The sporting department of Eintracht was informed of the circumstances on the day of the operation. The medical department, however, did not receive all necessary details on the injury until Thursday, June 22nd."

Bobic also told the publication: "We are irritated, however, that we have only today (Thursday) received accurate information on the injury.

"The player has a clear information obligation against his employer in the event of a breach, which Alex has not complied with. If there is a suitable opportunity, we will have a conversation with the player."

Zorc: Dembele remains in BVB plans

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has poured cold water on suggestions that Barcelona are negotiating a deal to sign Ousmane Dembele.

The 20-year-old forward enjoyed an outstanding debut season at Signal Iduna Park following his switch from Rennes in 2016, scoring 10 goals and providing 20 assists in 48 appearances across all competitions.

Dembele's exploits in the German top flight saw him voted Bundesliga Rookie of the Season, while the France international won his first piece of silverware with Dortmund after they triumphed in the DFB-Pokal.

The youngster revealed last week that Barca had approached him before he decided to join BVB, and according to reports in Spain and Germany, the Catalan giants are now closing in on his signature.

Zorc, though, has moved to dispel the rumours, insisting that Dembele remains a part of new head coach Peter Bosz's future plans.

"Ousmane Dembele has a long-term contract and he is in our plans," Zorc told Funke-Mediengruppe.

"There are no negotiations. Ous will play for BVB next season."

Agent: Dortmund in for Lee

Lee Seung-woo's agent claims to be in talks with Borussia Dortmund after they made an approach for the young Barcelona forward.

The 19-year-old has yet to make his first-team debut for the Catalan giants, but is highly regarded at the Camp Nou after featuring for their B team and Juvenil A side.

Schalke have been linked with a move for Lee, who is contracted to Barca until June 2019, although it appears that Dortmund have stolen a march on their Bundesliga rivals.

The South Korea youth international could be set to embark on a new adventure in Germany after BVB opened discussions, according to his representative, Pere Guardiola.

"Dortmund have enquired about Lee with Barcelona," Guardiola was quoted as saying by Bild. "Talks are ongoing."

The teenager had been prevented from playing competitive games for the Blaugrana until his 18th birthday after the La Liga club was found guilty of breaching FIFA rules on signing underage players.

RB Leipzig: Would be 'negligent' to sell Keita

RB Leipzig CEO Oliver Mintzlaff has made it clear that the Bundesliga outfit have no intention of selling key players like Naby Keita.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is reportedly keen to bring the 22-year-old central midfielder to Anfield this transfer window for around £50m.

However, with RB Leipzig preparing for their first season in the UEFA Champions League, following a second-place finish in their maiden campaign in the German top flight, they are looking to strengthen their side, not weaken it.

“It would be negligent to sell one of our key players now,” Mintzlaff told BILD.

"Emil and Naby are extremely talented and developable players, we are glad that we are able to keep up with their development as a club.

“And now we can prove ourselves in the Champions League in the coming season.”

Dortmund open to Aubameyang offers

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has admitted the Bundesliga club would listen to "realistic offers" for star striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The Gabon international secured the league's Golden Boot for his 31 goals in 32 league matches for Dortmund last season, edging out Bayern Munich's Robert Lewandowski.

As such, the 28-year-old has become a top transfer target for a number of European clubs.

But Watzke says they will only consider letting Aubameyang leave if any potential suitors match their €70million valuation for the prolific striker.

Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City have all inquired about Aubameyang, with City now leading the chase after PSG reportedly turned their attentions elsewhere.

Watzke told Bild: "We will listen to it when a club is willing to show its appreciation for Aubameyang in a financial way as well."

Aubameyang is contracted to Dortmund until June 2020.

Guerreiro blow for Portugal and Dortmund

Raphael Guerreiro suffered a suspected broken leg in Portugal's 1-0 Confederations Cup victory over Russia on Wednesday.

The 23-year-old Borussia Dortmund left-back was replaced on 66 minutes following a heavy tackle and is now expected to miss the remainder of the tournament and the start of next season.

Portugal boss Fernando Santos said of the incident: "Raphael went to hospital. We think he might have fractured his leg, unfortunately. 

"That was a bad moment for Portugal. He is a fantastic boy and he played very well.

"He is a top quality player and this might have an impact on the beginning of his new season as well. 

"We are sad about that, but let's see what the exam results tell us. I hope they are not as serious as we believe they are at the moment, I hope not."

Guerreiro set up Cristiano Ronaldo for Portugal's only goal in the game on eight minutes.

Oxford completes loan deal

Borussia Mönchengladbach have finalised the loan signing of West Ham defender Reece Oxford.

The 18-year-old centre-back, who joined the Hammers as a youth-team player from Tottenham Hotspur in 2011, will spend the 2017/18 season with the Bundesliga side.

An England Under 20 international, Oxford spent part of last term on loan at Reading.

Gladbach sporting director Max Eberl told the club's official website: "Reece Oxford has played for England at youth level and is considered one of the country’s best young defensive talents.

"This loan deal gives us the chance to add a very interesting player to our squad. On top of that, we’ve had good experience with signing young Premier League players in the recent past.”

And Oxford, who became the second-youngest Premier League player ever when he started against Arsenal as a 16-year-old, expressed his delight at the loan move.

He said: "From my first impressions, it looks good. The stadium looks good, people around the stadium seem to be welcoming, so hopefully I can just kick on now and get to know the boys when I get into training next week."

He added: "I think that I’m a good leader and that I can push the boys even though I’m young. I’ll give it my all in every game, so hopefully the team can do that and we can just push on this season."